Individuals whose businesses are involved in developing and selling technical products are required to plan about time management, how to implement specifications, carrying out engineering strategies, release schedules and budgets amongst other important duties. These individuals may also be required to test or develop the product on a daily basis. Product is definitely important for all companies otherwise there would cease to exist in the first place.
If you want your business to thrive then you should consider the idea of roping in a technical communicator to work for your company. Such an individual may generally carry out a bunch of duties but the most particular one in this case would be to engage in technical writing for distribution to the end users of the product. The technical writing here can be in soft copy or in hard copy.
The following are the reasons why it is good to have a technical communicator in your company:
1. Documentation of end users is essential –End users should be provided with content on how they can use the product offered by your company. While some people may learn without going through the user’s manual or instructions, a majority of the people are reliant on such instructions for using the product and for solving problems experienced by them when using the product. This type of documentation or technical writing plays the role of an important and indispensable resource. According to a survey, a huge proportion of people prefer to consult documents instead of calling technical support or asking for the assistance of co-workers. A good technical communicator is one who explains the technical aspect of the product in such a manner that even laymen would be able to understand.
2. A different point of view — The technical communicator generally observes the product from the point of view of the user or customer as it is his/her duty to figure out what the customers are thinking, the questions on their minds and the solutions they are looking for. Thanks to the technical communicator, small or major tweaks can be carried out in case of the product to appeal even more to the customers. This kind of professional continue from where marketers and advertisers conclude, i.e. they help the customer to stay convinced about the product after the marketers and advertisers have convinced them about the same.
3. Aid with Quality Assurance –The technical communicator who engages in technical writing should understand the product thoroughly via product or sample product testing or exercise so that they can explain to the users. Since the professional is required to work with the product closely therefore he/she will be highly familiar with the product and even make suggestions for improving its quality or detect text problems when editing the content meant for end users.
4. Quality documentation is good for the company — This is true, quality technical writing or documentation does manage to score extra brownie points for the company because the company was able to communicate effectively with the customers via the instruction manual.
5. Documenting serves as a written proof or a record –At times engineers may forget about certain parts or aspects of the product because of its complex nature. However, when there is technical writing in place, it serves as a record or a written proof, thus proving to be the go-to solution when people (especially engineers) want to know about a certain parameter, feature or aspect of the product.
6. Enjoying savings on support costs –While technical communicators may not be technical support agents because the former is predictive and not responsive, there is no denying the fact that they have a good idea about the user’s perspective. After anticipating probable doubts or queries of consumers and putting down the solution in the technical writing, he/she will help the company save on support costs because the user would refer to the guide instead of calling.
7. Versatile skill set — Technical communicators are generally multi-talented in the sense that they can write, edit and even carry out graphic designing. They can also work as a proof reader.
While technical communicators may be considered to be a luxury for the company but when one is engaged in a business concentrating on end users, this kind of professional is definitely a necessity!
Back in the olden days, a stone wall was used for the purpose of drawing a clear line of demarcation between two properties and also to keep one’s livestock in one’s property so that they do not stray away. Just as its name suggests, these stone walls did not require the use of a concrete fence for building up the same in the past. Today, stone walls are still popular and very much functional but they are used in order to add to the aesthetic value of the house.
Also, the modern stone wall or precast concrete stone wall does call for the use of concrete or cement mortar in order to make things easier and the wall stronger. It is not uncommon to spot these concrete stone walls today because a majority of the homeowners prefer to use this type of wall as a divider instead of the traditional wooden fence. Now, because of the fact that the modern stone wall utilizes concrete, it is possible to build a very high stone wall.
If you have been contemplating the thought of adding stone walls to the boundaries of your house then you should opt for the precast ones. These are ‘readymade’ walls that are extremely strong and durable because they combine the wall and columns together. Therefore, all you need to do is to install these wherever you want to and you will be able to add oomph to the appearance of your house. Besides the fact that precast concrete stone walls make things easier, they are also much cheaper to build in comparison to the traditional mortar-less stone wall! There is something particularly charming about a stone wall that manages to capture the attention of many people. Short stone walls can be used in the garden area in order to protect the same and also to make the garden more beautiful.